Friday, March 7, 2014

Welcome Tot Heads

When I was creating the league, I don't actually remember calling it Tater Tot.  I am guessing that I was extremely hungry and, well, tater tots are delicious.  Fast forward a couple of weeks to yesterday, when I was starting to send out invites to you all and I immediately questioned my decision to name our hopefully long running league after small chunks of fried spuds.

Then, the ideas started coming in waves...and they were glorious.

First, Tot Heads, because it sounds vaguely similar to something that also inbues a certain fantastical devotion. Also, identifying yourself as a Tot Head will confuse people and that's always entertaining.

Spoils of Victory!
Then, as I was thinking about what the league champ should get for winning, I remembered that Tater Tot Crowns are an actual thing.  So, the winner of the league will get 1 bag of Tater Tot Crowns from me.  My hope is that this bag of tater tots will become a Stanley Cup of sorts, with the winner taking it places and snapping pictures which will then be posted on this very blog.  Dont ruin my dream, people.

As for the team that finishes in last place, they shall be called the Stolons (potato root) for the next season. 

With the league being a weekly roster set, i figured that during the week I would post updates and commentary and call it the "Hot Dish."  Yes, I am a huge dork.  Thanks for asking.


A couple other things... This year's draft will definitely be online, but i would like if somehow we could arrange a weekend that would involve drinking and drafting during future March months.  If we are, the Stolons for the upcoming season would be responsible for the first 3 cases of beer (roughly $50) for being turrible at everything.  As we all know, fantasy sports is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment