Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hello, Also A few Questions for the Commish

     First and foremost, I want to thank Mr. Louie for creating what I would consider one of the best fantasy leagues I've had the pleasure of being part of.  I've been a part of fantasy baseball and football leagues for over 10 years now and have never had a commish quite like LouDawg.  I have spent a lot of time at work reading the posts and then debating and arguing with Lester about them.  As a side note I would like to mention that Lester and I have a bet this week about the outcome of our matchup.  Whoever loses owes the other a dollar for each point they lost by.  The two of us bet on pretty much anything and the majority of the time he ends up paying me.  After one more year I think I'll have my college debt paid off. 
     Now on to the meat and potatoes of this post.  Earlier tonight I texted the commish and asked him about some keeper rules.  He did answer me promptly however the answer brought up additional questions which I decided would be best asked as a post, you know, so all could see.  The question I asked was, "If I drop a player I drafted and then re-added them at a lower cost, what would I keep them as?"  Lou quickly responded with "You keep them at the highest price you paid for them."  I understand this but at the same time I do not like it.  I sort of like the thought of taking a gamble of dropping a player and then taking a risk of trying to get them back at a lower price seeing as everyone else in the league would be able to try to get them as well.  I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I have been heavily plagued by far to many DL's this season and at some point may have to start thinking about the future. 
    I will go along with whatever the league goes with but I do like the idea of a democracy when it comes to Fantasy leagues.  I feel like having an active league makes for a good league which is why I hope to see many comments on this.  I have thoroughly enjoyed this league and am looking forward to see how the season plays out.  Best of luck to all, except for Lester my mortal enemy and friend who I hope loses badly this week. 


    

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate John posting this. I too would love if lots of people would post on this or any other post. The reason I replied to John is outlined in this post from way back in Aprit: http://goldencrispyball.blogspot.com/2014/04/one-other-thing-on-roster-moves-and.html (I think you might have to copy and paste that link). We are nearing the point already where people could set this up as a end of yer strategy. My opinion is that, if you thought he was worth it then and you want to keep him, you should be stuck with it. And this is from someone who has Justin Verlander at $35. I too think that it should be a Democracy, but I would suggest that, since I outlined the rule back at the beginning of April and some have been playing with that in mind since then, that this be a proposed rule change to be voted on at the draft and that would start (if approved) next season. I'm gonna see if i can figure out how to do a poll and I'll put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we should keep it the way it is becuase if a player is good enough that you want to keep them for next season, you shouldn't be dropping them in the first place. Secondly, if a person doesn't want to keep a player at such a high cost against their budget, there is always the option of not keeping said player and trying to draft them again in next year's draft at a lower cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also on board with keeping it the way it was described early in the season and putting it (and any other "beefs") up for a vote come next season's draft. One Jean Segura for $34 has nothing to do with my decision, obviously...

    ReplyDelete