Sunday, November 30, 2014

Back in the Saddle again...for now

I'm finally writing a post again. Wohoo!!! It has been way to long since my last post. I would like to personally blame all professors at Winona State University for making me do academic things when I clearly have more important things to do, like this. Nevertheless, I'm back...for now (finals week is coming up which may mean another week without posts). I've unfortunately missed a lot in the last couple weeks, so I'll try to get through some my favorite and most important things that have happened. First of all, I totally called that win last Thursday by the Raiders. I'm telling you guys, the dumbest possible outcome each week keeps happening...watch out Bengals. Secondly, Tom hasn't lost since my last post, so I haven't missed the losing picture posting, which is always a good thing. In fact, he has put himself in a position where if he gets some help, he could possibly make it into the playoffs on a tie-breaker. Then again I'm not sure how the tie-breaker between more than two teams works out so I really have no idea. He could already be mathematically eliminated for all I know. This whole playoff situation will be very interesting to watch heading into tomorrow's games (its Saturday right now, for those of you who won't see this till Monday). Zach's Rolling Meadows Mustangs and Josh's Bombers are the only teams guaranteed a playoff spot at the moment, with T, Gunnar, and John all controlling their own fate. In fact, the I'm Ball Murray vs. T's Mustangs match up will most likely be a win and your in, lose and you fall out of the ass crack of the league and into the toilet bowl consolation bracket game.

Breaking away from the important fantasy stuff that has happened over the past couple weeks, I want to focus on a couple things that have happened in the real games. The first thing is the RG III situation in Washington. It seems as though things have gone from bad to worse to awful to seriously can it get any worse to apparently it can to holy fuck how did this happen. After trading away the future for RG III back in 2012, the Redskins went to the playoffs and the trade seemed somewhat justified. That is till Griffin broke his self. Ever since tearing his ACL against Seattle in the playoffs that year, RG III has seemingly regressed with every game. IT has now gotten to the point where he doesn't even know when he should be taking 3 step drops or 5 step drops. His timing and accuracy are so far off he makes Tim Tebow look like an all-pro quarterback. To top things off, Griffin keeps calling out his teammates and saying that the whole team is bad and not just him. Well, reports are coming out that the whole team sucks because of him. Apparently he is a pretty boy that doesn't like to put in the work in practice. Does that really surprise anyone? I love that now even the Redskins coach, Jay Gruden, has publicly called him out and even benched him. I think if the Redskins want to get anything out of this situation, they need to trade RG III before his value drops to nothing. My twitter tells me that NFL execs say RG III could bring back a mid- round draft pick to Washington. Take it! Remember what happened the last time you didn't trade high on a "potential star quarterback". I believe his name was Captain Kirk Cousins, and that didn't turn out so well. It's time for the 'skins to cut their loses and trade RG III to the highest bidder and draft a new quarterback this year, preferably not named Marcus Mariota because he is just the second coming of RG III.

The other thing I found very interesting over the last couple weeks is the resurgence of the Seattle Seahawks defense. Thursday night their defense was as good as ever when they destroyed San Francisco, holding them to only 164 total yards. All year there have been stories coming out about how the Seahawks locker room is dysfunctional and that players don't get along anymore. Whether that is true or not is yet to be determined, but the fact is this defense is hitting it's stride at the right time. The way they were able to hold both Arizona and San Francisco to 3 points each makes me believe this defense is back to normal. It will be interesting to see how their defense matches up against the Eagles offense next week. If Seattle's defense plays well in that game, every team and fan base in the NFL should be worried. Having to play a professional football team (especially with the amount of talent that Seattle has) who has been written off for most of the season should and would be a scary thought for anybody come January.

No comments:

Post a Comment