Friday, January 30, 2015

43 day warning

Warning...warning... the fantasy draft is a mere 43 days away.

With that, heres a rough timeline of events.


Feb 1 - The roster freeze will be lifted and trades may be made.  There will be no moves for any free agents.  Supposedly the Yahoo Baseball game will be up and running as of today, so I will try to get the league set up as soon as I can.  But for now, the plan is to have trades reported to me so that I can make the proper roster adjustments.  For a trade to become official, I need both/all sides to tell me about it.  I dont think that will be an issue because most of you have my phone number.  The ones who dont -- Bob can tell me because I see him pretty much daily and Tyler..well Tyler will need to get my number from Zach and text me.  I know that there has been as least 1 trade floating around for the past couple of weeks...so...nows

Feb 14 - Its Valentine's Day...take your special lady (or, for some of you, man) out and do something nice for him/her that doesnt involve chicken wings or as much as you can drink for $5.

Feb 28 @ 11:59 PM - keepers are due.  There is no reason to miss this, but if you do...remember that you will keep the 10 highest paid players on your roster as keepers.  Rosters are once again frozen at this point.

March 13 @ 5 PM - The draft weekend officially starts.  I am not sure who all is planning on coming down (or up, or over) Friday night, but all are welcome to come and watch basketball, play video games, stay up way too late and basically recall what it was like during Freshman and Sophomore year of college.

March 14 @ 2 4 PM - The auction will officially start with the crispy crowning of last year's champion, new coach of the San Francisco 49ers Tomsula.  After that we will vote on the items up for debate and then we will kick off the auction.  Auction order will be the order of finish from last year.  So Tom will get to put the first player up. 

If there is any issue with this time, please let me know.  I wanted to make it early enough so that if people want to get home, they can before it gets too late.  I also wanted to make sure that Kyler hasnt drank so much Fleshmen's that he forgets where he is and what he is doing and ends up with Jean Segura on his team.  Actually...revise that time.

For the auction - I am planning on creating lists of players by position for all 10 of us so that we are all working off the same list for ease of knowing if a player has been auctioned yet.  These lists will include the starters at each position and the entire rotation and bullpen for each team.  There may be stats included, I'm not sure yet.  There will not be any bench guys or minor league players, so if you are planning trying to get a couple or think someone will come on strong off the pine, you will need to know that or have another list or something.  You can bring other lists or books (or Bob might try to bring a friend from one of his big $$$$ leagues), but the main list will be the one you are expected to keep up with.  There will be some kind of punichment for trying to auction off a player who has been auctioned already.  I dont know what it is, but it will likely be something stupid that will make you look worse than trying to auction off someone who was already auctioned looked.

If there are any questions, let me know.  and get those keepers in.

No comments:

Post a Comment