Thursday, April 3, 2014

One other thing on roster moves and Keepers

Because I know most of you personally, I know that some of you will try to push the envelope on keeper salaries come the end of the year.  With that in mind, I am putting this out there right now: If you release a player at any time during the year and then reacquire him using FAAB, his keeper salary would be the price you paid for him during the draft or two times his FAAB cost, whichever is higher.

I was thinking about this situation because my team is severely hurting with injuries right now.  I was contemplating dropping Jurikson Profar to get an actual useful player and I realized that I might be able to get Profar back in 8 or 9 weeks at a huge discount from the $15 I paid for him at auction.  My own evil genius scared me into realizing that someone could save FAAB for the end of the season and do this with a few players if they were out of contention anyways.  For example, if Dusty was out of it with 3 weeks to go and he had more FAAB than anyone else, he could drop Mike Trout (and his $89 salary) to the waiver wire and then bid $1 more dollar than anyone else had and get Trout back at a reduced rate allowing him to have more to spend at auction the next season.

Worry not, my friends.  I will continue to think of completely implausible situations that only inscrupulous people like me would have the nuts to try and then create a corresponding rule to stop that very thing from happening.  And now a message from our sponser, Giorgio. Aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment