Sunday, April 6, 2014

"We Get Tacos"

Two more thoughts on this:
1) In addition to this being one of the single greatest promotional ideas ever, it actually seems to become more important than the game at some points.  See exhibit A.  The Rockies are down 9-4 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 on and 1 out.  What are the Rockies graphic people concerned with?  Not that the Rocks need 5 runs to tie…no, the broadcast is concerned with that the Rocks only need 3 more runs to "Feed the Fever" and give every ones cheap tacos.  F winning the game…I'm hungry.  Bonus points for the connection of Feeding the Fever to the 250 lbs, former Twin Dennys Reyes, the man so fat his mom named him in the plural.  I hope this serves as inspiration for us all.  I know that i will try to react to anything good that happens to me with "We Get Tacos!"  I can't wait for my next kid to be born in 7 weeks.  It's gonna be like the Oprah Winfrey show up in there.

2) While watching the same Rockies game, Golden Crispy received our first corporate sponsor, Mike Shaw Subaru in Colorado.  Every single replay during the game featured the Mike Shaw logo in the "Mike Shaw Subaru Super Mo Replay."  Yup, every single one…in a baseball game.  By the end of the second inning we watched I thought Mike Shaw was my best friend and I am pretty sure I bought a car  from him without ever having been to Colorado.  So, I am contemplating turning the "Mike Shaw Subaru Super Mo Replay of the Week" into a recurring segment on the Tater Tot blog.  I had already planned on doing a recap of each matchup, so the MSSSMR will be the featured matchup each week.

I hate that the MLB Extra Innings free preview runs out today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment