Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 3 - The Air Up There


Week 3 saw a bunch of key rivalry matchups, all of which finished up 6-5-1, the top team through 2 weeks fall, and one team hit an absolute new low in suckery (for shame Tom...for shame).  But first, we need to do a little house cleaning and add a rule that will help keep the competitive balance of the league.  This new rule shall be henceforth refered to as the "Jerad: Galleria of Disability" rule.  Every week as I get ready to write the recaps, I look over each and every one of your rosters for the upcoming week.  There is nothing that bothers me more (in fantasy baseball or in life, really) than not taking a player on the DL out of the starting lineup.  In some cases, it is understandable.  If you have a player that is due back off the DL in the middle of the week and you dont have a better option, by all means leave the gaping hole in your roster for the week.  But if there is someone (ahhhemmmaahmememm Wilson Ramos) who has been on the DL for several weeks and will be for several more and there has been ample time to get a replacement, then that is going to draw my ire.  And as I mentioned last week in regards to Kold Calhoun, these injuries are not easily forgiven.  Therefore it is proclaimed by my rights as the Thane of Glamis and Thane of Cawdor that should any player be started for 3 consecutive weeks while that player is on the DL, the owner shall be constituted as a non active and his team shall be forfeit and he shall be removed from the league and shunned by all.
 
I have had a couple of people that I had originally contacted about joining who were "too busy" or "not into fantasy baseball" ask me about joining now that the season is already started.  Please don't let this happen.  It is not hard to take DL players out of the lineup.  Seriously, all you need to do to show me you are active is move the DL player to the bench if you cannot get a replacement via the waiver wire.  This rule is for moving forward only, so week 4 will be considered the first week that I am going to keep track for the rule purpose.
 
I'm not trying to be a dick, but if one person decides to bail, it is going to make things less fun for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment