Monday, August 11, 2014

Pecking Order

I am not ashamed to say it, I missed you guys at the end of last week when I got super busy with a bunch of random things and then was traveling down to the Fatherland of IL on Friday to visit with my side of the familia and meet little Warren Giancarlo for the first time.  Writing this blog has become rather cathartic (the purifying version of the definition...not the one that has to do with expunging of the bowels) for me.  So much so, that I think I get a little ornery when I dont get to write it.  I am not looking forward to the end of the baseball season.  I will have to come up with something else to let my mind wander around (and dont say fantasy football...I have thought about it, there just isnt enough activity throughout the week to make me want to blog about it...and really, I just dont have the interest in writing about football that I do in writing about baseball.  I know that Kyler feels different.  Maybe I can talk him into doing something on a more regular basis and we could make it work...Kyler???  Otherwise, I will need to find obscure baseball articles to mock mercilessly a la FJM, though undoubtedly with much less skill.

With only 4 more weeks until the playoffs start, things continue to be interesting.  Bob sits way way way way way out front and is a virtual lock.  The only question that remains is will he get a week 1 bye or will the Hitless Bastards catch him and make him play the first round.  In fact, here is the full standings.
1 Bob's AutoTrackers 119-84-13 0.581 0
3 MB Hitless Bastards 114-92-10 0.551 6.5
2 Backyard Superstars 104-95-17 0.521 13
4 Dusty's Team 105-103-8 0.505 16.5
5 Zach's Team 104-102-10 0.505 16.5
6 You Can Call Me Al 101-104-11 0.493 19
7 Lester The Molesters 102-108-6 0.486 20.5
8 Keep it on the DL 96-113-7 0.461 26
9 Tyler's Team 90-110-16 0.454 27.5
10 TBD 90-114-12 0.444 29.5


Obviously, Kyler's BySs are ranked #2 because they are in first place in the Harmony Division, even though they are currently the 3rd best team in the league.  I have been having trouble understanding where each team is at because it lists teams GB in relation to the division leader, but the actual playoff standings after the division winner are a free for all.  This table should clear that up a bit.  The last column is games back of the leader (Bob).  What it tells us is that Kevin is closer to a playoff spot than Kyler is to catching Bob (lucky for Kyler that he doesnt have to try to catch Bob).  It also tells us that Dusty's playoff spot, which seemed a mortal lock only a couple of weeks ago, is in some serious danger and that right now, the #4, 5, and 6 seeds are really up for grabs amongst 7 teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment